Me in 5 secondsHi, I am Walter. I am husband and father. I am planning to become completely debt free before my kids go to school.
I am the creator of The 🔥 Consumer Braai Index (CBI) © & 😱 The RA Horror Show. I also started this site, along with ratecompare.co.za, end of 2019. On this site, I share some of my own research - best RAs, best JSE stock brokers- as well as thoughts on investing and personal finance. A lot of the material I share is interactive. So you can use my calculations & apply it to your own situation.
Warning: If you 💗 Old Mutual; Sanlam or Liberty, you will hate me! Good-bye 👋
PS. If you are looking for a fun way to get involved in the stock market, check out stockmarketchallenge.co.za.
🗺️ Interactive GuidesHere are some of the more popular guides I have written.
- Should I contribute to an RA?
- Here are three ways to pay less tax in 2021/22.
- A mini-guide to RSA Retail Bonds. What are they? How do they compare to fixed deposits?
- Guide To TFSAs. A middle finger to SARS 🖕 & how much tax you can actually save.
- Saving for my Child's Education(in progress)
🦅 ArticlesHere are some of the most recent shorter articles I have written.
- Here are five things you can do to pay for your child's tertiary education
- A family, an education fund and a market crash
- Are you the worst market-timer?
- Why I have not moved my retirement funds from 10x
- Should I move my RA if moving entails huge fees?
- Why I am not putting my education fund into my home loan.
- Should I open a TFSA in my child’s name for the purpose of funding their education?
- Fees calculator. Effect of fees on your retirement. Work, work, work and retire after 80.
- Should I move my RA if moving entails huge fees? Sanlam, Old Mutual, Liberty often charge penalties before you can move. Does it still make sense?
- A financial independence calculator for South Africans.. When can I be financial independent?
- Home Loan Calculator - Additional Payments. How much earlier can you pay off your home loan by paying in an additional R500, R1000?
- Home Loan Calculator - Lower Rates. What impact do lower interest rates have on your existing home loan.